Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Best blondies so far!

I've been promising the girls at work for a while that I would bake them some white chocolate brownies/blondies. Tomorrow they shall get some! I'm very pleased with them. This is the third time I've tried this recipe and these are definitely the best I've made. Instead of macadamia nuts I used ground almonds and I cut out the salt as I didn't like how it tasted in my last batch. I also used baking white chocolate instead of milkybar (which I used last time) and I preferred the flavour.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh ground almonds? I put flaked almonds in mine and they were really nice, but ground almonds sound even better. I think next time I make them I'm going to try half-and-half ground and flaked. I'll have to try baking chocolate. I can only eat Milkybars in small amounts as they have quite a strong buttery(?) taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah my Milkybar blondies just tasted way too salty for my liking. I also chose a less salty brand of butter this time. I can't remember the exact name of the chocolate I bought, something like "luxury white chocolate, ideal for baking/cooking". Found it in Tesco.

    Flaked almonds, mmmmmm, I might try that too!

    ReplyDelete