Monday, 18 May 2015

good things come in threes

I think I've discovered the key to charity shop success... booking health related check ups. Seriously. I found my gorgeous Royal Winton yellow cake plate after a trip to the dentist and this time I found a tray, pyrex serving dish AND an awesome pair of trousers after visiting the optician.


I've been hankering after one of these oval serving dishes with a divider for ages and was absolutely delighted to find a pink pyrex version. I usually only come across white pyrex with floral patterns so it's exciting to come across solid coloured pieces. It has a couple of marks and chips but still perfectly loveable and functional. I can't wait to use it!

After picking up my pyrex dish I spotted this tray. Although I generally find I'm less attracted to big, blousey florals these days I completely fell in love with this tray. It's actually very similar to one of my Mum's old trays. Tray twins!


And my third purchase...... super duper totally awesome high waisted sailor trousers. LOOK AT THOSE BUTTONS! 


I used to have a pair of sailor trousers when I was at university but they weren't half as flattering as these and they eventually became too big for me. I rarely find trousers in my size and length in charity shops (I'm convinced only really short people put trousers to charity shops near me) so you can imagine my delight at finding these beauties.


They fit unbelieveably well, like they were made for me! I think the creasing in the photograph is just due to my hands being in my pockets, plus I had already worn the trousers for a full day. The other incredible thing about these trousers is that they look completely unworn. The denim is unblemished and the back pockets haven't been unpicked. I can't believe my luck - perfect trousers for £3. These are going to get worn to pieces.

£5 worth of shopping in total - not bad!

12 comments:

  1. Great bargains! I always tend to find that charity shop finds come in waves - I won't find anything good for ages and then a few good things will all turn up in quick succession!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I haven't had as much luck recently as I used to but I think these finds more than make up for it.

      Delete
  2. Ahh the charity shop gods have smiled on you that's for sure! I love combing these places, and I agree with the previous comment, some days have nothing, some loads 'o bounty. Those trousers I concur look fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! It's funny how it seems to come in waves.

      Delete
  3. EPIC TROUSERS!! What fantastic finds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah. They've barely come off my legs since I bought them! It's love.

      Delete
  4. Yes, you certainly hit the jackpot there with that lovely Pyrex and the trousers :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, VK. It definitely made my day.

      Delete
  5. Those trousers are amazing!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria! I can't believe how perfect they are, I keep going round telling people "THEY WERE ONLY £3!!!" Hahaha.

      Delete
  6. Your trousers are amazing, and they fit beautifully. I have the turquoise version of your Pyrex dish - I love it! I hope you have a great bank holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natasha. A turquoise version sounds lovely. They can be long distance friends :D

      Delete