Sunday, 18 December 2016

mini festive jumper garland

Teeny tiny knitted Christmas jumpers! These are quite possibly the cutest things I have ever knitted.


The pattern is by Sue Stratford and free on Ravelry if anyone else fancies a last minute festive knitting project. They're relatively quick to make as I averaged a jumper per evening. Each jumper is knitted flat then seamed together and the charted designs can be embroidered on or knitted. I chose to knit as I wanted more practise at stranded knitting.

 This is my "I CAN KNIT ALL THE JUMPERSSS" face.

I added snow to the snowman jumper as it thought it looked cute.

I used all 6 of the charted designs which came with the pattern then made up two other designs, the pudding and the fair isle patterns, as I fancied making more jumpers.

I ended up doing a tiny bit of embroidery for the holly berries.

I'm tempted to dig out my old Barbies as I'm pretty sure these jumpers would fit them. Cool idea or a step too far? :D

How's everyone's Christmas preparations coming along? One week to go! In the past three days I have baked a ridiculous amount of gingerbread, shortbread and tablet to give as presents and now I've come down with a horrible cold. Boooo! Next I need to finish sewing my Christmas dress. I'm really excited about it.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really pleased with how they turned out :)

      Delete
  2. They're so cute Jo! No time left for me to knit them this year, but I'm going to try to remember them for next Christmas.
    I'm just recovering from a horrible cold so I sympathise with you - hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ruth. I'm now on round 2 of the cold - ughh!

      I definitely recommend bookmarking the pattern. I'll probably make more for Christmas presents this year as they've been so well admired by visitors!

      Delete
  3. Argh I love them! It's about time I knit more I think. I was obsessed with making Barbie clothes as a kid and kinda still want to try it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it do it do it!! I loved making Barbie clothes too. I made some awesome outfits... and some very questionable pieces! Haha.

      Delete
  4. The garland is so cute - really festive. I love the Christmas pud one especially :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, VK. I think it's my favourite one too :)

      Delete