Wednesday, 18 January 2012

New teapot

If I could wear this on a chain around my neck Gollum-Lord-Of-The-Rings style, I probably would as it is definitely worthy of "my precious" status, and I've certainly stroked it enough times to look like a crazy woman. (Guess which films I've been watching recently!)


Funnily enough I found this beautiful Johnson Brothers Greydawn teapot on the unluckiest day of the year, Friday 13th. I finished work early so I took a wander around the charity shops and there it was, sitting on a shelf with a £3 sticker. Not so unlucky after all.


I enjoyed my first cuppa from her with a fat pancake (shop bought, but still nice). I think I'll have to do a photograph of my utility china collection soon as I'm gathering quite a healthy stash!

Did anyone else have a lucky Friday 13th this year?

8 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful teapot! I don't think anything particularly good or bad happened on Fri the 13th this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh it's lush!!! Much appreciation from me!

    Yes, share your china collection please! Would love to see it!

    Nicki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a unique looking teapot...so is this Fri 13th unlucky or not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely teapot find, especially for that price. I've had a bit of a utility china binge lately too as I brought a gravy boat and a plate in Greydawn a few days ago, and also some Beryl ware.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, you're very good at finding some great china.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So loving your new beautiful teapot. Nice to discover your lovely blog- of someone else who loves china and cake!
    Becca x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! @Zoe As far as I know it's all silly superstition. It certainly wasn't unlucky for me this year anyway! @The Vintage Knitter ooh well done on the china front. Sounds exciting! I haven't spotted any gravy boats on my charity shop travels yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That teapot is gorgeous! What a lucky Friday 13th for you indeed!

    ReplyDelete