Last week I had a craving for cheesecake. It somehow felt too indulgent to make a big cheesecake so I made mini ones instead. I'm fully aware that I probably ate so many that I might as well have made a whole cheesecake, but please humour me.
There's absolutely nothing healthy about this recipe. Nothing. But sometimes you need to make something as unashamedly fattening and sweet as this because nothing else will hit the spot.
Creamy and fudgey with a buttery biscuit base (you know I had to go there!) What more could you want? I loved how cute and dainty these looked too.
I also used a fudge which was almost more like a tablet/candy, so it had that extra sugary, melt in the mouth quality. Perfect for an indulgent cheesecake.
Mini fudge cheesecakes
This is what I did:
150g crushed Hobnob biscuits
40-50g butter, melted
100g cream cheese
300ml double cream, lightly whipped
125g fudge, plus extra for grating on top. You can never have too much fudge!
First, cut thin strips of greaseproof paper/baking parchment and lay in the base of 9 muffin tin cups. This will help you to remove the cheesecakes from the tin later. To make the cheesecake bases, mix together the crushed biscuits and melted butter and press into the bottom of the cups. Put the tray in the fridge to chill while you make the filling.
Beat the cream cheese until soft. Grate the fudge and add roughly 100g of fudge to the cream cheese and scatter the rest over the bases. In a separate bowl, lightly whip the cream and carefully fold this into the cream cheese/fudge mixture. Once combined, spoon this mixture on top of all the cheesecake bases and grate a little more fudge on top if you're feeling decadent. Leave to chill in the fridge overnight, or at least 6 hours, before serving.
Beat the cream cheese until soft. Grate the fudge and add roughly 100g of fudge to the cream cheese and scatter the rest over the bases. In a separate bowl, lightly whip the cream and carefully fold this into the cream cheese/fudge mixture. Once combined, spoon this mixture on top of all the cheesecake bases and grate a little more fudge on top if you're feeling decadent. Leave to chill in the fridge overnight, or at least 6 hours, before serving.





They look delicious :D
ReplyDeleteThanks Rebecca!
DeleteThese look fantastic! I will try these
ReplyDeleteThanks Brogan! Be warned, these are highly addictive!
DeleteI like the base, base, base, base... these look fabulous! Sometimes it's ace to make something that's so horrendously unhealthy it makes your teeth feel like they're falling out. I like how these look all cute, dainty and innocent too!
ReplyDeleteI think I only make cheesecake once a year for that very reason! And millionaire's shortbread, it's just too dangerous to make regularly!
Deletethese are so cute bite sized yumminess
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Deleteso cute! I love a mini dessert.
ReplyDeleteOh! Look at those!!! I always have to make nobody else is around when I visit your blog - the drooling would be embarassing otherwise! :-)
ReplyDeleteCarly
x
Haha, thanks Carly!
DeleteOh these look delicious, that base is making me drool!
ReplyDeleteMaria xxx
Thanks Maria! I love thick cheesecake base :)
DeleteOoh yes - would it be rude if I ate 4 of them?
ReplyDeleteNot at all.That's more or less what I did!
DeleteI made mini cheesecakes recently and definitely ate more than one! These look really, really good especially the biscuit base. Yum!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ros! I'm sure the dainty size makes them even more addictive.
Deletethese mini cheescakes look delicious and beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThank you Gloria!
Delete