Tuesday, 31 December 2013

2013 baking round up

Since I'm still hopelessly addicted to collage I thought I'd make a photo montage of all my bakes this year.

19 cakes, 8 batches of biscuits, 4 batches of cupcakes, 2 brownies/blondies, 1 batch of mini cheesecakes, 1 fruit crumble and 1 steamed pudding (and a partridge in a pear tree?)


Sadly it seems 2013 was not a pastry year as there isn't a single tart in my round up. I'm genuinely surprised about that! As usual cake is by far what I bake most. I'm disappointed that I haven't baked as much as usual this year, but I'm happy with what I did get round to baking.

After a quick snoop through stats it seems my most popular blog post by far was my vanilla chai tea latte cake. I must admit that was one of my favourite bakes too. My other personal favourite was the white chocolate and passionfruit cake.

The other two bakes from my mini tea series, chai latte biscuits and earl grey tea loaf, have also been popular on the blog, along with the passionfruit cream biscuits, blackberry bakewell cake and my failed yoghurt, lemon and lime bundt. I'm not sure why my sad looking bundt cake is so popular. Perhaps you all admired my honesty for posting an ugly cake?! haha!

So what have you baked most this year? Have you got any baking new years resolutions? I'll definitely make at least one tart in 2014!

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I love the photo collage - so many lovely bakes. It's really nice reading everyone's round ups, looking back at 2013 and looking forward to 2014. There's so many things I want to bake this year but I don't make resolutions as a general rule so I'll see what 2014 brings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year to you!

    Love the collage - it looks like the best afternoon tea table ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious looking collage! I am definitely going to try baking more this year, I really want to master bread...

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Jo! That's a great collage - you could turn it into a wall calender - a bake for each month! What I've probably baked most last year are chocolate beetroot brownies (we had a beetroot glut on the allotment!), Victoria sponges, flapjack (nice n' easy) and caraway seed cake. I still keep meaning to try baking with chai tea after reading your post, so that'll have to be my resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely round up - you've baked so much! This has also reminded me I need to get round to making that white chocolate and passion fruit cake ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A belated Happy New Year to you! I've been quiet recently because I've been moving house and it'll be a while yet before I get back into the blogging swing but just wanted to tell you that the first cake I made in my new house was your vanilla chai latte cake! Absolutely loved it so thanks for such a fab recipe, a deservedly popular one! It's always a bit embarrassing isn't it when less successful bakes are the most popular posts - my horrendous beast of a giant cupcake still takes the top spot in my stats by far. I can only think that others appreciate us sharing what doesn't work aswell as what does!

    ReplyDelete