"Tea, Father?"
Happy New Year folks! Hope the first two weeks of 2014 have been treating you well. I started the year on a downer by having a wisdom tooth pulled out (ouch!) but on the upside, I've finally found my perfect tea trolley. I can now live out my Mrs Doyle fantasy of forcing people to drink tea all day.
Happy New Year folks! Hope the first two weeks of 2014 have been treating you well. I started the year on a downer by having a wisdom tooth pulled out (ouch!) but on the upside, I've finally found my perfect tea trolley. I can now live out my Mrs Doyle fantasy of forcing people to drink tea all day.
Or carting around my art supplies, whichever takes my fancy. It's certainly £5 well spent.
After pulling my tooth out the dentist told me not to drink or eat anything hot for the rest of that day. The thought of not being allowed to have a cup of tea was pretty traumatising, especially when I desperately wanted a comforting drink. By 11pm I caved and drank some tea through a straw. Classy as always.
I thought I'd also show you all my new cakestand which I not-so-subtley asked for Christmas. Isn't it a beauty?
I haven't got around to baking anything, but I can confirm that tiny yellow teacups and mini party rings both look very pretty displayed on it.
My other new piece of china is this funky jug my sister-in-law found for my Christmas. It looks at home amongst all my other Taunton Vale pieces.
So what have you all been up to so far this year, anything interesting?






I had a tooth pulled out end of last year and it was a very traumatising experience so I know exactly what you've been through. That trolley is such a bargain. I have serious crockery envy looking at your collection.
ReplyDeleteLovely additions to your collection!
ReplyDeleteI also have serious crockery envy!
That cake stand id beautiful, so far this year I have done a lot more cooking and been promoted so its all good so far :)
ReplyDeleteMaria xxx
all look amazing Jo! but I love your cake stand is absolutely beautiful! I love the color!!xx
ReplyDeleteGo on, go on go on.....as Mrs Doyle would say! The crockery collection on coming on perfectly - I love the Taunton Vale - very '70s - which as we know is a good thing ;-)
ReplyDeleteSecretly, I think we all want to be Mrs Doyle!
ReplyDeleteYour collection is just getting prettier and prettier - love the tiny cake stand!
ReplyDeleteYour trolley is fantastic, what a great find and a bargain too. Lovely cake stand too. Hope you've recovered from your dental trauma.
ReplyDelete£5 for that beauty is an absolute bargain! I will have to keep my eyes peeled for one myself. My Grandma used to wheel hers out stacked with tea and treats at the first opportunity so I would like to follow in her footsteps! Hope the tooth (or lack of now!) heals soon - to be honest, the thought of 'no tea' to me is worse than the dental procedure itself!
ReplyDeleteJo, I have wanted one of those green milk glass cake stands for years! I could never find one of this side of the atlantic though! where did you track yours down or whoever gifted it to you? It is so beautiful! If I had one I'd want to bake things to put on it every day!! You are certainly building up an impressive collection of crockery that's for sure!!
ReplyDelete