Thursday, 8 May 2014

Rearranging

It has been a week of reshuffling bits and bobs. It's only Thursday and the dresser display has changed multiple times already. I keep wanting to change arrangements but at the same time I have favourite pieces which always seem to sneak back onto the shelves.


My green milk glass cake stand being one of them. I move it to one side but somehow it always ends up back in the middle taking centre stage.


The Johnson Brothers Greydawn teapot usually sneaks in somewhere too.


And I find it very difficult to put away any of my Taunton Vale pieces. I'm a sucker for bold 1970s florals.



I get an immense amount of pleasure from jumbling up different types of floral patterns. They technically shouldn't all work together but I really like it. I'm not one for sticking to a particular style. Art Deco fine bone china, pastel '50s, bold and colourful '60s/'70s, girly Cath Kidston, retro Orla Kiely, I love them all.





The eagle eyed will have noticed that my blog has had a bit of a revamp this week as well. I hope you like the new turquoise background and header design. Although I like picture headers I felt like having something plainer and more typography focused. Who knows, I'll probably change it all again next week!

Is anyone else suffering from reshuffle-itis this week?

5 comments:

  1. Love the last photo with all your lovely jugs lined up. I never tire of your beautiful green dresser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look around here! This dresser is amazing too, I still love that green colour!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks CC and Maria :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello! i recently found your blog and fell in love with your collections and your cakes.i t's my idea of a gorgeous retro-tinted british life! i want to sit where i can always see your ever-changing arrangements.
    thank you for a burst of colour on a dull Hobart almost-winter day.

    ReplyDelete