Wednesday, 31 December 2014

Introducing Doris (and a general round up of the year)

Apparently I was a very good girl this year as I received a lovely dressform for Christmas.


Dressform Doris is going to be very useful with future sewing projects. I can also try out outfit combinations on her without going through the hassle of trying things on myself. Double bonus!

The wooden sewing box on the table is also new. Dad bought it for my Christmas after we saw it in a charity shop at the beginning of this month. It's similar to one my Granny used to have and as far as I can see it's in perfect condition. I love that my best charity shop finds have been at opposite ends of the year: my Mrs Doyle tea trolley in January and this wooden sewing box in December.

 Completely irrelevant photograph. I just thought my bed looked cosy.

I tend to feel grouchy by the end of December because I never think I've accomplished much but I've actually had a pretty good year (by my low standards anyway.) Not only have I MET RICHARD ARMITAGE but I've also started sewing regularly again. This year I've produced 5 dresses, a skirt and a large quilt.


Although sewing has admittedly taken up a lot of my free time this year I have still been baking. 16 cakes, 4 lots of cupcakes, 3 trays of brownies/blondies, 4 batches of biscuits, 1 set of tarts, multiple batches of tablet, 1 tray of muffins, 1 batch of scones and a tub of ice-cream to be exact. My blueberry and lemon layer cake from June was apparently a massive hit as not only is it my most viewed bake of this year but also of all time. Wowee!

 Damn it I forgot about my mincemeat frangipane tarts and chocolate chip cookies from this month! Oh well, almost remembered everything.

Here's to another creative year folks! I wish you all good health and happiness for 2015. Just in case there are other New-Year-Grouches such as myself reading this, here's a photo of my cat Bob in the inflatable unicorn horn I bought for his Christmas. I defy you not to laugh!

18 comments:

  1. Fantastic sewing and baking - what a lovely year round up!

    Happy New Year to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Your blog makes me so hungry! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! My round up made me feel pretty hungry too, so many cakes!

      Delete
  3. Oh Bob.....the humanity!! Lovely to see your wrap up of a great year, your low standards are right up there in my book. Say hi to Doris for me, may she suffer few pin pricks. Love your Dad that he thinks to buy such great goodies. It's been nice to follow your exploits so far and here's to a great 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susan. I'm hoping to make even more progress with my sewing this year (with help from Doris of course!) I've just ordered myself a "happy new year" pile of new sewing patterns which will keep me busy :)

      Delete
  4. Oh Doris is so cute! Hope your 2015 is full of fun!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria. Hope 2015 will be a good year for you too!

      Delete
  5. Yeah, rub it in about Mr Armitage why don't you......

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, sorry CC. I couldn't help but remind everybody that I met my uni hearthrob ;)

      Delete
  6. Happy creative year Jo! Looking forward to reading about more of your masterpieces in 2015.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire! I'm hoping 2015 will be another good blogging year.

      Delete
  7. well done, you had such a wonderful creative year. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! Thanks for following as well. I'm a big fan of your blog :)

      Delete
  8. Found your blog through the cat lady sew along and your dresses are all just adorable ! Can't wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mona! Thank you so much. Hope you pop round again :)

      Delete
  9. wow there is soooooo much to see you have achieved an awful lot this year!
    bestest daisy j x

    ReplyDelete