Perhaps not worth an entire blog post of its own, but I was pretty pleased with how my crochet rag (tea)pot holder turned out and thought it was a fun way of using up fabric scraps.
As a last minute idea for my mum's birthday I decided to crochet a pot holder to go with the green, wooden tray I had bought for her. I used left over fabric scraps from my groovy duvet dress (it's the fabric which keeps on giving, I still have more left!) and loosely followed this tutorial I found through ravelry. I ripped my fabric into 1 inch wide strips, sewed them together like bias binding and crocheted round and round on a 8mm hook until the circle was big enough to cover a teapot base.
Other than loose fabric threads getting in a bit of a tangle and my brain forgetting how to crochet as it's now used to knitting, it was an easy, fun and quick project to make. I'm definitely tempted to make more, but first I want to knit an old fashioned tea cosy!


A beauty! x
ReplyDeleteSo cute.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'm really pleased with it :)
DeleteThat's a great idea for using fabric scraps - I might have to give it a go myself!
ReplyDeleteCheers, Ruth! One of my cousins does a lot of rag crochet using old clothes and duvet covers so it was fun to give it a go.
Delete