After a few weeks of dithering, and very little persuasion from Sarah, I finally bought the new Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days cookbook today. Boy that is one exciting book! It was hard deciding which recipe to try out first, but I went with the apple and walnut cupcakes. I also have my beady eyes on the maple and pecan layer cake but that'll be for another day.
Needless to say the cupcakes turned out beautifully. They are very tasty and look pretty in the new cupcake cases which I also bought today.
I shall be baking cake and trifle tomorrow in preparation for my brother's birthday on Monday, so watch this space!
They sound amazing. I also love your cupcake cases. I've never had straight sided ones before.
ReplyDeleteThey're the same size as the ones we bought at the cake decorating shop near your 3rd year flat. I bake them in muffin tins though to stop them fluting out.
ReplyDeleteThey look and bet they were amazing! Sue x
ReplyDelete