I noticed we had pears in the fruit bowl this week so I saw it as a perfect opportunity to try out this scone recipe from my Avoca book. It's not a very sugary scone (don't know if that's a good or a bad thing?) and I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't taste the pear.
What confused me about the recipe was that it said they would take 15-20 minutes in the oven at gas mark 3. I always thought scones needed a high oven temperature, but I followed the recipe. After 30 minutes they were only just starting to turn golden, so I whacked it up to gas mark 6 to cook the second tray.
Later update: The scones have gone solid, I don't know why. I was very aware of not over working the dough and if I had put any more milk in the mixture it wouldn't have rolled out properly. I think I'll stick to my usual scone recipe in the future.
these look totally yummy. I've never made scones before but now I really want to give them a try =)
ReplyDeleteBow Dream Nation xx
wow, they look amazing! scones = life.
ReplyDeleteThanks. They tasted lovely fresh out the oven but were a bit hard the next day which was a bit disappointing. Nevermind, will just have to make more this weekend to make up for it!
ReplyDelete