Thursday, 30 June 2011

fancy pants cute cupcakes

That's right, I finally got round to buying a 1M piping nozzle and it arrived in the post today. How on earth have I managed to bake for so long without having one of these?! I don't think I can ever go back to icing with spoons and knives!

I spent a while deciding what to bake but in the end I wanted to ice as quick as possible so I went with plain little buns, in pink cases of course, because the icing HAD to be pink. Mum took a photo of me because she found it hilarious how much enjoyment I was getting from a piping bag and nozzle.


Aren't they unbelieveably cute? I've iced using a piping bag before, but only with smaller nozzles for decoration, so I'm quite pleased with my first swirly icing attempt. Now I am fully equipped for all icing related emergencies.





On a sad note, the Hummingbird Bakery finally claimed my poor mixer. It found their icing a bit too difficult to mix through and the beaters stopped turning properly. Fortunately I have another (identical!) mixer. It's in storage in the attic along with other kitchen related things from my old flat so I'll have to dig it out. Then when that one dies I'll finally have a proper excuse to buy a kitchenaid! I'm favouring the yellow one at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment