I was in Glasgow for a couple of days and this is what I managed to pick up in the charity/second hand shops.
Two yellow Jasmine Woods Ware sideplates (actually bought in Golspie not Glasgow). Yes, I know I have more sideplates than what is considered healthy (see here and here) but I don't have any of these. Who could resist their sunny yellow charm? I love them for their stylish backstamp alone. I think they're seconds as they have a couple of flaws but at 25p each I'm not complaining.
*sigh, this picture would be so much nicer had I ironed out the crease*
I found this lovely Johnson Bros Greydawn soup/dessert bowl. There were actually two but the other had a massive crack through the middle so I decided to leave it. Sadly I'm still no further in finding any dinner plates. I'd love to track down some Greendawn or Rosedawn but ultimately I'll take whatever I can find!
However I finally got my greedy hands on a little Woods Ware teapot! She (I've decided it's a "her") is in perfect condition and pours brilliantly; I can get just over 3 cups of tea from her.
Although not utility china, I found this gorgeous little Royal Winton jug too. It's not in perfect nick (has a tiny chip on the bottom and a couple of flaws in her glazing) but definitely very pretty and useable. It also has the same 1930s backstamp as my rosebud teacup and green cakestand but I haven't discovered which pattern it's from. If anybody does know then please let me know because I'm a geek.
Has anybody else found any pretty china this week? Go on, make me jealous.
So jealous! I spend so much time in charity shops and so rarely find anything!
ReplyDeleteIt's a strong woman who can walk away from a pastel hued stash of utility china! I wish I could say that I've been as lucky as you on the china front, but I hope my time will come soon!
ReplyDeleteLove the teapot - she looks a girl to me too!
ReplyDeleteHi Jo, I fins soooo pretty these china! gloria
ReplyDeleteOh yum! What delicious finds, loving the Jasmine - that colour just makes my heart sing.
ReplyDelete