Monday, 21 November 2011

Spiced beetroot & orange chutney

My aunty gave me some surplus beetroot this week so I saw it as an excellent excuse for trying my hand at chutney. I've never made any before, but got a chutney/jam making kit for my birthday last month which I've been itching to use. The recipe came from BBC Good Food if anyone else has a glut of beetroot which needs using.




What a lovely smell this made in the kitchen! In hindsight I did cut my beetroot on the chunky side, it probably should be much finer, but there was only so long I could be bothered standing at the kitchen sink chopping messy beetroot. I forgot to buy gloves to wear whilst chopping so I wore clear sandwich bags instead!

I also fancy making some beetroot and chocolate brownies. I keep hearing about them but have never tried them. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. What a delicious recipe...and such sweet little jars with the birds, was that part of your kit? I've never made beetroot and choc brownies, looking forward to reading how you get on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great, love the jars! Look forward to your brownies too. I've only tried chocolate and beetroot cake and it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cute jars and labels! Often I will stand in Lakeland looking at preserve jars and thinking how I want to make some, but I haven't yet. LOVE beetroot so this sounds delicious! I've never made choc/beetroot cake or brownies but have sampled some and it is tasty taste very very tasty! Look forward to seeing how you get on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little jars look delighful (as does it's contents) such cute labels and lids!! Your beetroot brownies look absolutley scrummy too...I've heard of it before and would love to try it!!

    Thanks for the comment you left on my blog today. Would love to see some of the gifts you've been knitting! :)

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete