Haha look at that happy face! I love it.
Susan from A little bit of heaven on a plate came up with this online tagging game to get to know fellow food bloggers. I've been tagged by Baking Addict at The more than occasional baker so here's my entry:
1. What, or who inspired you to start a blog?
I don't particularly know to be honest. After graduating in fine art last year I fancied a fun, stress free project which didn't involve painting (I fell out with paint). A good chunk of my final year work was photographic documentation of landscape and my outdoor work so I suppose I extended the documentation idea into my baking. I've always enjoyed baking but it never occured to me to start a blog until the end of last year when I finally had some free time.
2. Who is your foodie inspiration?
My Granny and her two sisters. All of those ladies really knew how to bake.
3. Your greasiest, batter-splattered food/drink book is?
Probably my mum's little cookbook which is full of tried and tested recipes, mostly from my Granny and her sisters.
4. Tell us all about the best thing you have ever eaten in another country, where was it, what was it?
To be honest I've only been abroad three times, two of which were when I was quite young. However the best baked good I've ever tasted away from home was when I visited one of my uni friends from Northern Ireland. We went to the tea room she did summer work in and we experienced "The Johnny Depp of baked goods". It was a bit like a white chocolate tiffin but with cranberries on top.
5. Another food blogger's table you'd like to eat at is?
Now that's a hard one, can I not just sample a bit from everybody? I'd certainly like to try one of the Caked Crusader's rocky road cupcakes and the more than occasional baker's banana, pecan and chocolate loaf. Kate's recent Thankgiving mini series has also looked fantastic, the bourbon pecan brownies in particular!
6.What is the one kitchen gadget you would ask Santa for this year (money no object of course)?
A Kitchenaid! And since money is no object I'll have lots of them, standing in a row on the worktop in a variety of colours please.
7. Who taught you how to cook?
My Mum.
8. I'm coming to you for dinner, what's your signature dish?
I'm not much of a cook to be honest, but I make a fairly tasty lasagne. Ultimately, I'd rather serve cake, cake and more cake.
9. What is your guilty food pleasure?
Nutella straight from the jar, condensed milk straight from the can, eating spoonfuls of left over icing (sweet tooth perhaps?)
10. Reveal something about yourself that others would be surprised to learn?
I have double jointed fingers which can bend backwards. It either amazes or terrifies people.
Finally... tag 5 other food blogggers with these questions... like a hot baked potato... pass it on!
1. Kim from Cakes from Kim
2. Rachael from Just a girl, her cookbook and her very beautiful kitchenaid
3.The almighty Caked Crusader
4.Laura Elizabeth from Chocolate & Pears
5.Paula from SweetHarts Cakes and Bakes
If you're tagged and fancy taking part, then use the Food Bloggers Unplugged logo and link up your post here and/or tweet #foodbloggersunplugged on Twitter.
Thanks for taking part! It's great getting to know you better. I'd make the banana loaf for you anyday. I like that we would both like to serve cake, cake and cake! Also good to know I'm not the only one that eats nutella from a jar!
ReplyDeleteThank you ever so much for wanting to come taste the pecan brownies- you'd be very welcome at our table any time! Or, in true Blue Peter stylee, you can send a stamped addressed envelope! Lovely to read all about you!
ReplyDeleteis nice know more about you Jo:)
ReplyDeletenice post
I'm really enjoying this series. Double joints can be really weird. My cousin used to spook me out with his double jointed elbow!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the tag Jo! I like this,its a great to learn more about everyone...Im working on mine itll be coming soon! :)
ReplyDeletep.s Im not much of a cook either...baking all the way for me!
Hi and thanks for joining in...the white chocolate tiffin has me in its grasp now...x
ReplyDeleteAww, thanks for the tag! Will do this soon, I have a baking disaster to write about so I will try and hide it behind this :) Lovely to hear more about you, I am very much a fan of things straight from jars too, but I will save that for my blog post!
ReplyDeleteAwwww, thanks for the mention! Consider my rocky road cupcakes at your disposal!
ReplyDeleteThanks, it was pretty hard work! and I definitely recommend the gingerbread/cream cheese cupcakes - they are a great combo! I love the idea of lots of multi coloured Kitchen Aids adorning your kitchen countertops...I would like to put in an order for that too!
ReplyDelete