I found four, oval Beryl ware plates at 20p each in a charity shop last week. I don't know whether they're oval dinner plates or serving plates. Either way, I enjoyed eating Heinz spaghetti and toast on them last week. Here's an up to date photo of all my Beryl ware.
Although I'm delighted with my growing Beryl and Jasmine stash, I'd really like to find some Iris. I haven't come across any so far. Does anyone else find that they end up with way more of one style/colour than the other?
I also found a little pyrex jug in another shop for 10p. At that price I couldn't leave it behind.
I can easily see myself collecting loads of pyrex too but even I recognise that I need to reign myself in somewhere!
Unfortunately I haven't baked anything since the beetroot brownies but I do have lots of baking plans for the next week or so. Fudge is at the top of my list, I fudging love fudge! Christmas is fast approaching so I need to get a wiggle on with my Christmas baking.
Excellent finds! 20p!! Look forward to your christmas baking. I will be doing minimal myself this year due to other commitments.
ReplyDeleteSo jealous! I only found a few things in charity shops, most of my utility china comes from eBay!
ReplyDeleteThe little Pyrex jug is so cute! I love nothing more than to sniff out dirt-cheap vintage goodies and brag/blog about my finds. I recently had to pass up some Berylware (just like yours, but lemon-coloured) because I just don't have the space for it. My husband secretly thinks my plate-hoarding is a sickness, but I gladly endure it - I don't want to be cured!
ReplyDeleteThose are brilliant finds at that price! I've got more Beryl than Jasmine or Iris and I find that like Fallen From Favour, I'm having to pass up on other makes of utility china due to space (unless its a stunning piece). Apart, from the Woods Ware, I'm collecting Grindley Petal ware although I don't find much of this at charity shops :-(
ReplyDeleteAll these items are perfect and crazy cheap - shows there are bargains to be had. Also, isn't Berylware just about the most vintage sounding name!
ReplyDeleteHi Jo! Thanks for the get well wishes :) please do a festive post and show us your crochet - I do love a bit of inspiration! What are you baking for Christmas? I was thinking of doing a chocolate log - have you done one? Are they hard to do? xx
ReplyDeleteglad you found something you like.
ReplyDelete