Friday, 10 February 2012

The Liebster Award


The lovely Roz over at The More Than Occasional Baker gave me a Liebster Blog Award this week. I then remembered that Alex from Culinary Conquests also nominated me for one last month and I completely forgot to do my duty of passing it along. Thank you ladies! I shall do my good deed and hand over the baton (or rolling pin in our case?) I'll try not to let the fame go to my head, although it shall be hard not to shout "I've got awards you know!" to whoever eats my future bakes.
"The origins of the Liebster Blog award are somewhat unclear but the general consensus is that it originated in Germany, Liebster meaning favorite or dearest, to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Upon accepting the award the recipient must then pass it on to five more blogs of note."
The rules:
  • Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
  • Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
  • Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
  • Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed.
  • Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.

Now I know you're only meant to nominate five people, but I like to be a little bit controversial so I've nominated six. What a rebel! It was just too hard to only pick five.


1. Cakes from Kim - I always enjoy visiting Kim's blog. I especially enjoyed her post about her Grandma's parkin last month.

2. Cat's Cupcakes - Cat always has the most beautifully presented cupcakes and her oreo brownies from this week look delicious.

3. Fancy Vintage - Everybody knows I love crockery as much as cake. Imagine my delight of finding Becca's blog which is full of lovely china and fun photography!

4. Just a Girl and her Kitchenaid - I have a feeling Rachael was one of the first blogs I started following and I still love visiting. Plus her Kitchenaid is called Kevin. Need I say more?

5. Teen Baker - I love the variety of bakes Lucy has on her blog. Check out her recent brownie post - wow!

6. What Kate Baked - Kate's post never fail to make me laugh, she is incredibly witty. An excellent combination of cake and comedy.

17 comments:

  1. I can't believe you nominated me! Thank you so much, I love knowing that you enjoy my blabbering :) I'm soo touched!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I hope Kevin doesn't let the fame go to his head!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations for the award. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Glad you enjoy visiting my blog :)

      Delete
  3. A big Congrat on your award, it is well deserved :) Off to check out the blogs you have chosen.
    Have a lovely weekend..
    Magie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the award! It's an honour because I always really enjoy your posts - so glad I found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's so lovely! I really enjoy your blog posts too.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your award - well deserved! Great blogs to pass the awards on too... my google reader is constantly expanding :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roz! I know what you mean, I've found so many lovely blogs in the last month it's almost difficult to keep up!

      Delete
  6. I couldn't agree more on the comments above- many many well deserved congratulations! And also many many thank yous for the wonderul compliments you've paid to my little blog- it means an awful awful lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kate, such a lovely thing to say!

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much beautiful, that is so lovely of you, so glad you like my blog, I love yours! I also did fine art too, a few years earlier though in Cardiff. I think it makes you appreciate all those lovely vintage china finds big time!
    Thanks again,Becca xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. It's good to know there's a fellow fine artist around here! Are you still drawing/painting/sculpting/conceptualising? After nearly two years break I'm starting to draw again although it's very slow progress.

      Delete
  8. Awww thank you so much hun :) thats so sweet of you to think of me for an award :) Love reading your blog too...your recipes always look so good xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jo, thank you so so much for nominating me! It's so lovely to know that someone enjoys reading my cakey rambles, especially someone whose blog I enjoy too! Congrats on your award too, very well deserved! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. I always enjoy your cakey rambles!

      Delete