After seeing this on Lucy's blog last month I knew it had to jump straight to the front of the to-bake queue. It's very much a fling-everything-in-the-bowl-and-mix recipe which suits me perfectly. I'm a gloriously lazy baker. The less faffing about and washing up to do the better!
For some reason I had problems photographing this cake. The lighting was terrible when I tried to take a photograph of the whole cake (I don't know why, but I just wasn't happy with any of the photographs) so I thought I'd wait until the next day even though the cake would be cut open. This is always a dangerous move to make, as there was only one slice left the following day!
I liked the sharp hits of raspberry running through the centre of this cake. It would also taste delicious served as a pudding with custard (mmmm, custard). If you're a Bakewell Tart fan then you'll love this cake.
The recipe comes from BBC Good Food if you fancy giving it a go. The only thing I would change is to substitute the vanilla extract for almond essence because I'd like an extra oomph (technical term) of almond next time, but it's up to yourself.
The recipe comes from BBC Good Food if you fancy giving it a go. The only thing I would change is to substitute the vanilla extract for almond essence because I'd like an extra oomph (technical term) of almond next time, but it's up to yourself.


Love the look of the cake - it's come out great in these. And As you know I looove the Berylware! :) x
ReplyDeleteOh my god. I could eat this right out of the computer! Looks yummy. x
ReplyDeletesome really pretty photography here!! always wanted to make a cake like this, you have inspired!! x
ReplyDeleteThat cake looks extremely moreish! I love bakewell tarts, so I'm sure I'd absolutely adore the flavours in this.
ReplyDeleteMmmm that looks so good! I love fruit in cakes and other unhealthy things! (They make it just a little more healthy) I just had a tart before with cream on and blueberries! Yummy.
ReplyDelete(Oh and I bought the decorations for my cake yesterday, two weeks now! I'm so excited to make it haha! I might use the marshmallows to write "18".)
That looks so good! I totally hear you on having to wait until the next day for photo opps, I sometimes have to hide a sample it can go so fast! Your photos look great! x
ReplyDeleteAh for some reasons it's very exciting seeing somebody blog something I made! I'm glad you liked it - your post has made me want to make this again.
ReplyDeleteThis looks amazing - I love the colour of it. I also like raspberries in bakes and yes extra oomph is a very technical term in baking :)
ReplyDeleteGlorious cake, lovely photography! I am so in the mood for a Manchester Tart! Nom nom! x
ReplyDelete