Monday, 24 October 2011

An unusual week

Since I have no baking pictures to share from the past week I thought I'd share some pretty things instead.


This is my relatively new dressing table mirror. It's so lovely that I have no inclination to paint the wood. Mum found it in the Curiosity Shop (I think) for £30 and intended to keep it for my Christmas but it was so pretty that it had to go on my table straight away. It certainly adds a touch of class to my bedroom.

I also took a leaf out of Gem's book this week and bought myself some flowers. Although lillies are ridiculously strong smelling, I love how elegant they look.


Last week was weird. I didn't bake at all and wasn't at work due to developing a back of a 93 year old, and I was staying at someone else's house (see previous post). I spent most of my time lying on the sofa browsing Next catalogues and watching a shameful amount of Channel 5 afternoon films. The novelty wore off after day two, I got SO BORED. So bored that I finished a 1000 piece Lord of the Rings jigsaw within a day and a half (with mum's help admittedly).


I also discovered my cousin's cello in the corner of the living room. Now I don't want to sound like a brat, because I did get to learn to play the violin at school (it was free) and I can play piano, but I ALWAYS wanted to play a cello. I just think I suit a cello more than a violin. See, don't I look good with a cello?


I'm even colour coordinating with it! Fate perhaps? (Honestly, it was not intentional.)


This is my best "I neeeeeeed a cello" face.

Anyone else need a cello? Or another musical instrument perhaps? I'd quite like a flute too, not that I'm being greedy...

3 comments:

  1. love the mirror its very beautiful perfect the way it is ,what a lovely early pressie and those lilies are my favourites .
    And yes get a cello it does suit you ,I think I need a flute too as I have just dreamt that I got one and spent the whole dream looking for a music book to teach myself to play ..very odd
    xx fee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon. It's miserable having a bad back. I think the cello suits you perfectly. I can't believe you finished the jigsaw so quickly, you must have been really bored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I know I'm meant to be admiring the mirror (which is indeed lovely!) but I am more drawn to your jewellry stand thing! I love it. Also love lilies, I always cut off the polleny bits to try and limit the smell/sneeziness of them. You're definitely rocking that cello! Hope you're feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete