Saturday, 1 October 2011

More yellow Utility China

I can't believe my luck! Honestly, this is almost getting ridiculous, not that I'm complaining. I was in town with Mum this afternoon and decided to have a quick snoop round one of the charity shops and I left with a set of yellow Johnson Bros china: 4 cups and saucers, 4 sideplates (yes, I am aware I have A LOT now), 4 dinner(?) plates (they're still quite small) and 3 pudding bowls. Unfortunately one of the bowls has a small crack but it's still pretty.




And the price of it all?

£1!

Definitely worth celebrating with a bag of chocolate buttons.

I also found this glass dish with a little lid in a pretty pink. I can't decide what to keep in it. Maybe hairclips/bobbles, special bits of jewellery, buttons? It also cost £1.


Lots of lovely things for only £2. What a bargain! I have a pretty healthy collection of green and yellow Utility China now. Need to gather a few more pieces of blue and pink next.

It's my birthday on Monday so be prepared for some glorious photos of cake and loads of Utility China in action. I hope you're excited because I certainly am! 

8 comments:

  1. I was inspired by your recent post and headed off to visit some charity shops I pass regularly in the car - I had quite a walk to get to them and they were closed!!!!!

    Delighted you have managed to do so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are very lk
    lucky Jo!! I love these, xgloria from Canela Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to comment like annnymous, problems in google again!gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow a pound thats amazing, you just have to love charity shops dont you!..
    love your little dish to, you could put anything in that couldnt you.. very pretty..

    charl
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday for tomorrow - can't wait to see your cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everybody!

    @BrownievilleGirl Oh no, poor you! It's so annoying when that happens. It took me over 4 years to get in a particular vintage shop in Glasgow because it was always closed whenever I was there! It was worth the wait though, there were some amazing maxi dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh we should do a bit of swapping! I've got loads of blue and pink but not much yellow or green. I think the pink and the green are my very favourites!

    Nicki xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow what a great set and at an amazing price!

    ReplyDelete