Remember when I acquired a fairly substantial stash of Utility China from a store clearance a few weeks ago? Well Fiona, my sister-in-law, found more this week and gave me 5 Johnson Bros plates. They were sitting in a cardboard box outside a shop (still part of the same store clearance) along with yet more sideplates. Check this out for a bargain, they were FREE.
FREE!
They don't look big enough to be dinner plates but they are certainly bigger than sideplates. I'm guessing salad/dessert plates? Either way, they're ideal for dinosaur shaped ham and philadelphia cheese sandwiches.
I also had lunch with my friend Sarah yesterday, and naturally every lunch must be rounded off with a slice of cake.
I had a very juicy banana cake. It had a strong citrus/orangey flavour running through it and the icing was very cream cheesy. Yum!

yummy!
ReplyDeleteFree .... how fantastic is that!
ReplyDeleteFree lovely plates and dinosaur sandwiches - life cannot get much better than that! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteLucky you, getting free gorgeous vintage plates!! (I'm rather fancying one of those dino sandwiches!)
ReplyDeleteNicki xx
How lucky was that, free plates! And they are really pretty. Love the dinosaur sandwiches - very cute! That cake also looks very yummy!
ReplyDeletePrettiest free gift ever!
ReplyDeleteAlso (and I know this is random), is the cup in your blog header yours? I think I have the matching teapot!
Glad everyone is liking the dinosaur sandwiches. I think it's an idea all cafes should take on board!
ReplyDelete@Alex Yes the teacup is mine, it's Royal Winton Grimwades, from around the 1930s I think. If you do have the matching teapot then I'm very jealous!
Cute sandwiches!
ReplyDeletehttp://initialed.blogspot.com
I am envious of your growing china collection, I'm now trawling ebay for some even though I have too much already! Haha.
ReplyDeleteHello there! I just wanted to say Hi and thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! thanks for popping by :) I can see I'm going to enjoy reading your blog!!! Oh sooooo many gorgeous pics!! Eye candy delights!!! :)
ReplyDeleteJo x
you are so lucky!!!! fliss xxx
ReplyDeleteI love those plates, I have the bowls to that set. Such pretty baby blue.
ReplyDeleteThank you everybody! I still can't believe the plates were free!
ReplyDelete