After the disappointment of the strawberry cheesecake cupcakes, I thought why don't I just make a damn cheesecake?
I initially intended to make a baked cheesecake, but it seemed a bit faffy last night, so I went for a naughty no bake. Determined not to be beaten by the cupcake either I decided to make them as mini cheesecakes using my muffin tin. Take that failed strawberry cheesecake cupcakes!
They're so much cuter as individual little cheesecakes and really tasty. I was a bit worried how they would taste as I wasn't following a recipe but I think the level of sweetness is just right. The flavour reminds me of petit filou :)
No bake mini strawberry cheesecakes
150g crushed digestive biscuits
40-50g melted butter
400g (two packs) philadelphia cheese
100g icing sugar
150g strawberries
300ml tub of double cream, lightly whipped
Makes roughly 10 mini cheesecakes using a muffin tin
Combine the biscuits and butter and press into the base of the tin. Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar until soft and chop the strawberries into it. Gradually fold in the cream. Taste and add extra strawberries/cream cheese/icing if you fancy it as my measurements are fairly rough. Spoon the mixture over the top of the biscuit bases. Leave to chill in the fridge for 6 hours (or overnight in my case.)
Look delicious! gloria
ReplyDeleteI've just found your brilliant blog and am impressed with your cake baking and your impressive utility china stash. I'm a big fan of utility ware myself.
ReplyDeleteSounds delicious - love all those flavours, and how cute does it look on your new plate!
ReplyDeleteThese are adorable, I love petit filou!
ReplyDeleteOoooh I love me some no bake cheesecakes! I have always thought cheesecake in general a bit faffy aswell and I usually use a Good Food recipe for low fat no bake strawberry cheesecakes but I bet these taste well nicer.
ReplyDeleteMmm I might have to have more than 1 of these ;)
ReplyDelete