I had to drop my brother off at the airport yesterday morning and ended up with some time to kill before work, so naturally I wandered around the charity/second hand shops in town. However I didn't expect to come across this.
I have been lusting over the Rosebud Royal Winton Grimwades crockery on ebay for four or five years and now I finally have a piece! It cost £3 :) This has got to be the daintiest, prettiest teacup and saucer ever. There's a fair amount of crazing, which is to be expected considering its age, but absolutely no chips and the gilding is in perfect condition. It also has the same backstamp as my green cakestand so they're from the same period, 1930-34 judging by this website.
Pretty cup with pretty trinkets.
I also bought the lacey table mat/runner(?) in a charity shop for 10p. I'm well on the way to becoming a chintzy old granny.
Apologies for the slightly grainy photo quality, I took the photos at night and the light in my room is poor but I couldn't wait another day to share my purchase!
Now I know you are like me!! he,he, you really lov e china, tea cups etc. etc. look beauty!!I think is perfect!LOL gloria
ReplyDeleteoh its lovely nice cake stand too
ReplyDeletexx fee
that is beautiful.such a pretty cup.. it looks lovely alongside your cakestand..a perfect combination!!
ReplyDeleteyou have been rewarded for your patience havnt you!!
charl
x
Its a dinky little cup and goes so well with the cakestand.
ReplyDeleteI love the teacup! The cake stand is lovely too. x
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful teacup ..... no good deed goes unrewarded!!
ReplyDelete