Sunday, 18 September 2011

National Cupcake Week: my boring contribution

Just in the nick of time! Unfortunately I haven't been able to bake properly this weekend. I hurt my back last week so I spent part of the weekend trying not to over do it (I did) and today I was working. Despite this I was determined to contribute to National Cupcake Week, but unfortunately nothing as exciting as most bloggers. Simplicity and speed was what I went for: basic vanilla cupcakes with a few blueberries thrown in, an attempt to "jazz" them up.

I made my photos pretty though :)





The blueberry flavour got a bit lost under the vanilla icing, I'm thinking a cream cheese icing would have been nicer(?) I also nearly burnt the sponge because I got caught up watching Spooks. Definitely still edible, but I wish I had planned my flavours properly.

More baking to come within the next few days. It's my Uncle John's birthday on Wednesday and he has requested some tasty home bakes.

9 comments:

  1. wow! Absolutely beauty!! love it! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look yummy! Your piping is beautiful - I'm so rubbish at piping. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. As someone who suffers with their back you have my sympathy - I hope your situation improves!

    Personally, vanilla would ALWAYS be my first choice for most things; boring it ain't! Love your piping - I could never do something as pretty as that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your cupcakes look super scrummy.... and absolutely beautiful... I really LOVE your pretty yellow teacup too!! Will definitely be popping back again soon :)

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is possibly the most beautiful piping I have ever seen! Tutorial please! Love your cupcakes too, they match perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everybody! It's really nice to know that everybody loves them. It just shows that you don't have to do anything fancy to achieve a pretty bake.

    I've actually only piped icing a couple of times. I think the most important things are to keep the icing fairly stiff and have a steady hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow i love the rose pattern you've done on your cakes its like a work of art.. i dont know if i could have ate them because they are so pretty to look at!
    they look gorgeous along side your cake plate!

    charl
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your back's improved. With that beautiful piping, these cupcakes can in no way be called boring - impressive is more like it.

    ReplyDelete