I found four dainty Grindley Peach Petalware bowls in a charity shop for £3 recently. To say I was excited was an understatement. As much as I love all my green, blue and yellow utility china I don't have much pink. The only reason I didn't blog about them sooner was because I couldn't decide how to display them. After all, I'm not particularly sure what their function is. Mini dessert bowl perhaps? It was only when I had a sudden craving for biscuits on Thursday that I decided they should be biscuits bowls.
I made chocolate chip cookies/biscuits and more oaty biscuits. The latter went so hard this time that they could chip teeth! Despite this they were finished first. Perhaps people enjoyed the challenge of eating them?
I really enjoyed making biscuits for a change and not too many got stuck together, hurray!
The chocolate chip cookie recipe is from my Mary Berry Baking Bible (again!) but I'm starting to feel guilty about the amount of recipes I'm sharing from her book so I'm going to urge you all to buy it if you don't already own it. I cannot recommend it enough.
Oh my God the bowls are gorgeous! Such a sweet colour, too.
ReplyDelete& the cookies look so nice & looking great in the bowls!
xxx
I need to get her baking bible! Such beautiful china! I love the pink utility ware but I very rarely see it, a fantastic find! xxx
ReplyDeleteLove the idea of biscuit bowls! The chocolate chip cookies look so perfect, will definitely go and look at the recipe in the book.
ReplyDeleteThose are soup bowls and they are swoon worthy!
ReplyDeleteI agree, the pink is lovely. Love the idea of biscuit bowls...does the bowl make them an acceptable replacement for cereal in the morning?
ReplyDeleteYou were lucky to find those, I rarely see any Peach Petalware about these days.
ReplyDeletethis is just a little note to let you know that i really enjoy reading your blog, and have a little award waiting for you.
ReplyDeleteif you're time-pressed and hate the idea of having to follow these 'rules', or if you're stridently anti-award, please don't feel obligated to respond.
i'm just letting you know that your
blog is among those i like best!
Love the idea of biscuit bowls :) biscuits are my fav treats! I love mary berry's recipes too!
ReplyDeleteThose bowls are so pretty! I have a mixing bowl from the same company/same colour, it is my favourite mixing bowl.
ReplyDeleteThose biscuits look very Yummy!!
Have a great week
Magie
What a great find! The biscuits look really tasty too!
ReplyDeletema-bicyclette.blogspot.com
The biscuits and the bowls look lovely! I never really make biscuits but I'll have to try. And I love Mary Berry I only have one of her books so must get a copy of her baking bible! Great blog btw!
ReplyDelete