Sunday, 30 June 2013

custard and white chocolate biscuits

I've been on a bit of a biscuit theme this week. First the muesli ones and now these custard and white chocolate beauties which I photographed outside in the sunshine.


I've been meaning to bake these for a few months after spotting them on Lucy's blog, and they certainly didn't disappoint. The flavour from the custard powder really comes through and gives the biscuits a sandy, shortbread texture.


I also love how aromatic vanilla is in a biscuit, it makes a great waft when you open the biscuit tin :)


My only gripe is that I would probably want more white chocolate chunks. I actually reduced the sugar amount by 25g, after reading below the recipe that some people found them almost too sweet, so I certainly think more chocolate could be added without making them sickly.


Any excuse for more white chocolate really :)

16 comments:

  1. These look delicious! Gorgeous pictures too :) I love custard biscuits and the addition of white chocolate makes it even more tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ros, adding white chocolate to a custard biscuit makes them highly addictive!

      Delete
  2. Oh these sound delicious!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria, they were very more-ish :)

      Delete
  3. I like the sound of white chocolate and custard wrapped up in one little biscuit. Yum. Love the sunny pics too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I would definitely recommend them. Very simple to make too in a biscuit emergency.

      Delete
  4. Yummy! White chocolate is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad im not the only one whose been hung up on the biscuit theme on the blog as of late! these look wonderful, i know what you mean about chocolate -the more the merrier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what it is about biscuits at the moment, I appear to be a little obsessed which my waistline won't be thanking me for!

      Delete
  6. Ah, I'm so glad you liked them! More white chocolate can never be a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the more white chocolate the better!

      Delete
  7. Sound really yummy - I fancy giving them a try x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they're a satisfyingly quick bake.

      Delete
  8. Ooh lovely - I like how they are quite thick aswell, nothing worse than a flat cookie!

    ReplyDelete