Saturday, 26 October 2013

cake and crockery clutter

Just a quick post of a vanilla chai latte cake I baked for a friend this week. I've baked it before (see post here) but altered the quantities to make a 6 inch sandwich cake. It was too tiny and cute not to photograph.


It was one of those quickly-plonk-the-cake-down-and-photograph-before-rushing-out situations which actually worked out really well. I thought it looked pretty surrounded by all my crockery clutter on the dresser.


I don't think I'll ever get tired of that shade of green.

13 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures :) I have seen several Chai Latte recipes come along now and I really have to try it ones as well :D I just love the taste of Chai Lattes :) Thanks for showing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! I highly recommend giving it a go if you're a chai latte fan :)

      Delete
  2. That green is beautiful. Cake is gorgeous too and you may have given me my next cake club idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad to have provided some inspiration!

      Delete
  3. Ah, that's so pretty. And I love your green dresser and collection of crockery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look very pretty and sounds delicious too. I'm still envious of your lovely green dresser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Choclette, I'm still very much in love with it. I had another rearrangement of crockery on it today!

      Delete
  5. I always think that - you chose such a vibrant lovely green!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CC! I think the best thing about it is that it gives an instant pretty backdrop for photos. I don't have to bother faffing about ironing tablecloths anymore if I don't want to!

      Delete
  6. This is so pretty - I love the styling! At the moment at cookery school we make our tarts in a 6inch tin and they make every slice so cute and dinky so I'd love to use them to make a cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worried I wouldn't get much use from 6 inch tins but I've actually used them a few times. They make every cake look ridiculously cute. May have to try tarts in them next!

      Delete
  7. LOVE the new banner! That shade of green is amazing!!!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carly! I've been wanting a new banner design for ages and I'm really pleased with this one. Think it'll stick around for a while :)

      Delete