Thursday, 24 October 2013

Red and turquoise pyrex

Coloured pyrex dishes are like buses: nothing for ages then suddenly two appear at the same time! A couple of weeks ago Mum came back from her sister's with a little red pyrex dish. My aunty was having a clear out and had found Granny's bread and butter pudding dish and decided to pass it on to me. It used to get taken out for Sunday dinner every week when Mum was little and she always had soft spot for it.


Days later, I was in town waiting for Mum to come out from the dentist and what did I spy in the charity shop? A matching turquoise pyrex dish for 50p. Isn't it strange when things like that happen.


Both dishes are heavily marked and worn, but it just adds to their character and charm. They have been well used but still have plenty of life in them to make a few more puddings.



Mmmm, lots of pyrex.

4 comments:

  1. I love both look lovely!!
    Now I have only glass pyrex and ñpve a lot but I love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gloria! I'm sure I said last year I wasn't going to collect much pyrex, but here I am.... collecting loads!

      Delete
  2. What a marvelous find . . .it was just meant to be :)
    I think that your little moustached carrot is adorable.
    Keep Smiling,
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie, I like to think it was pyrex fate :)

      Delete