I turned a quarter of a century old last Thursday. I can no longer say I'm in my early twenties, which is quite sad, however I will never be too old to have a chocolate birthday cake adorned with chocolate stars and jazzy candles from my mum.
In an attempt to make me more grown up and sophiscated (ha!) I received a new Orla Kiely travel bag and purse for my birthday as I've been using the same ones since I was 17 and needless to say both were getting grotty and knackered. I love that they match my yellow Zatchel handbag which I bought at the beginning of the summer (and is borderline surgically attached to me.) My new purse only just fits in it though so I'm hoping the leather will stretch over time to accommodate the purse.
Other lovely gifts included necklaces, a gorgeous turquoise scarf, Orla Kiely tupperware (I sense there may have been a theme somewhere...!) and these hilariously cute bunny slippers.
Other lovely gifts included necklaces, a gorgeous turquoise scarf, Orla Kiely tupperware (I sense there may have been a theme somewhere...!) and these hilariously cute bunny slippers.
Cake wise I did pretty well this year. Not only did I have mum's chocolate cake, but also a massive slice of Victoria sponge at a cafe for lunch and a banana pineapple cake from my sister in law. I loved that she left the pineapple pieces quite chunky, making the cake really juicy and full of texture. Admittedly my stomach felt a little worse for wear by the end of the evening, but what's a birthday without a few cake sweats?
It has also been one year since I received my yellow kitchenaid. The novelty hasn't worn off as I still get a little thrill every time I use it. Is it sad to celebrate an anniversary with your kitchenaid? I decided to take another self portrait in her shiny mixing bowl. Ooh yeah stretchy forehead!
In other news I went to my first ever yoga class last week. The following day my body felt as if it had suffered some sort of minor trauma! I'll persevere with it though as it should eventually help my rubbish, ageing(!) muscles and joints.
Apologies as well if the layout of my blog looks weird or keeps changing. I fancied a revamp so I've been fiddling with bits and pieces. For some reason when my webpage initially loads my title and tabs are in the wrong font and I have to reload it to get the nicer handwriting font. No idea why it does that, but it's annoying.






Happy birthday! Love your Orla Kiely bag and I am envious of the bunny slippers!
ReplyDeleteGreat cake too
Happy Birthday! The perfect chocolate cake! :) x
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Jo! Hope you had a lovely day - the cake and pressies look fab! :) x
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday dear Jo!! I love your chocolate tart and your cute bunny slippers!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! Lots of cake and bunny slippers are always winners. Love the use of the phrase 'cake sweats' too. Hahahaha. Hope you had a great day. x
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to you, my dear!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous cake - and wonderful pressies!
Carly
x
Happy belated birthday! These are really wonderful presents, I am very jealous ;)
ReplyDeleteMaria xxx
Happy Birthday! Sounds like you have did amazingly on the cake front - excellent stuff :)
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday Jo! What a lovely birthday cake & amazing presents! LOVE the Orla Kiely bag ! ;)
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday greetings from me too, Jo :-) Lovely pressies, especially those snuggley looking bunny slippers.
ReplyDeleteWell if celebrating the first year of living with your KitchenAid is sad, then I'll have to join you, as I brought mine a year ago and still get a buzz out of using it - can't really believe that I have one after all this time! xx
Happy Birthday! Your birthday cake looks just amazing :D I also love your bunny shoes and panties, hahaha! Also I know how it feels to use the Kitchen Aid even after almost 2 years, I still make a little KitchenAid Dance when I use it, hahahah. But pssst dont tell ;)
ReplyDeleteHave a great year!
Happy Birthday! Lovely presents and cake - the cakes look wonderful.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! Lots of cake is always the best way to celebrate :)
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday! That cake looks fab and I am jealous of your Orla Kiely bag. I am still totally in love with my kitchenaid and I think it's a must to celebrate KitchenAid anniversaries :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for all the kind birthday wishes! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy (belated) birthday to you and your kitchenaid! Sounds like you had a fab day, and I am very jealous of your Orla haul, but I think more so of your slippers! Also, that chocolate cake looks delicious, I love the decadent pile of Flakes (I think they are Flakes?) on the top!
ReplyDelete