My baking is too bundt-alicious for ya babe! I'm sure that's what Beyonce wanted to sing about, rather than her curvacious behind.
As well as Mary Bee, I received a bundt tin for my birthday. I was very excited about using it and decided to try this apple bundt cake recipe from Dollybakes, who is unquestionably Queen of the bundts.
If you own a bundt tin I urge you to try this recipe. It is like a hug in cake form, packed full of warming winter spices and a deliciously sweet, sticky, maple glaze. It reminds me of a sticky gingerbread but with a lovely addition of apples. I'm tempted to use this cake for a sticky toffee pudding at Christmas this year instead of my usual date traybake. I think it would make a heavenly dessert served with a thick toffee sauce.
It's safe to say I'm a full blown bundt convert, I can easily see myself making more. There is something very appealing about its shape and size. It makes a statement without having to faff about with icing and decoration. This bundt also cut beautifully which made it great for sharing.
I also baked two apple and blackberry mini loaves using my new loaf cases. They completely spilled over during baking as I don't own smaller loaf tins and put them on a flat tray unsupported. Bad idea.
Please don't be put off by their unappealing appearance as they tasted lovely, especially fresh from the oven as the crumble topping was extra crunchy, although it went a bit soggy after a day. I really liked the addition of orange zest too. The recipe can be found on BBC Good Food.
I also baked two apple and blackberry mini loaves using my new loaf cases. They completely spilled over during baking as I don't own smaller loaf tins and put them on a flat tray unsupported. Bad idea.
Please don't be put off by their unappealing appearance as they tasted lovely, especially fresh from the oven as the crumble topping was extra crunchy, although it went a bit soggy after a day. I really liked the addition of orange zest too. The recipe can be found on BBC Good Food.




Ooh I don't have a bundt tin but this is making me want one! I could so go on a bakeware spree...
ReplyDeletelove the glaze, yummy!!
ReplyDeletegreat pictures as always x
The bundt looks amazing Jo, really wholesome and comforting. x
ReplyDeleteOooh yum. I am a recent Bundt convert and also turned to Dollybakes for my first one! I also like how they look stunning without needing any kind of decoration. I like the sound of this one, definite winter warmer bundtness!
ReplyDelete