Sunday, 14 October 2012

Meet my kitchenaid

Gone are the days of stroking Kitchenaids in John Lewis/kitchenware shops.... this one is mine!

 
I got a beautiful, yellow kitchenaid for my birthday last week. It has been a particularly busy, stressful year so my mum thought I deserved an extra special birthday present. My friend and I decided to name her (definitely a her) Mary Bee. We thought it was only right to honour Ms Berry during the Great British Bake Off season and the name Bee suits a happy, yellow mixer.

A week later I still have an uncontrollable urge to stroke her every time I enter the kitchen. I've also discovered that I can take self portraits in the shiny mixing bowl. Endless hours of fun. They're not just for baking folks.


When I young I liked to play "kitchen" and one of my favourite toys was a tiny cream and brown plastic stand mixer with an orange beater which would whisk when you flicked a switch on the side. I spent a lot of time whisking cake batter water. Now I have a grown up version!


Apologies for the lighting in the last two photos. Bee's yellow doesn't agree with night time photography.

16 comments:

  1. She is beautiful! I love my kitchenaid, definitely a good investment piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's gorgeous. I've had mine nearly two years and still polish it :)
    Your kitchen looks lovely my the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's actually my mum's kitchen but we're lucky enough to have similar taste.

      Delete
    2. GREAT taste. Those measuring cups are so pretty

      Delete
  3. She looks gorgeous and definitely fits in with your pastel utility ware. Hope you enjoy using her - I've found mine definitely makes baking easier! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too received a kitchenaid for my birthday this year, it was well worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday Jo! What a present! I love the name and I'm sure baking will now be a LOT easier. I love my KMix, she'll be one in December ;-) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Jo - I hope you had a lovely day! A Kitchenaid is the best present ever and I am still besotted with mine two years later. Enjoy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice color & it goes well with everything in your lovely kitchen! Did you have a name for it? My sister has the same color KA as yours & she named it Lemony! LOL... we love to give names to our Kmix just for fun. Well, girls just wanna have fun! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely, lovely blog you have! I'm very pleased that I stopped by. I'll definitely be visiting again now I've found you!
    I never thought I'd say/write these words, but..... that's a very beautiful kitchen appliance!!! :-)
    See you soon....
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is lovely!!! New reader...I love your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that is one piece of classy kitchen equipment and a great colour choice too. She certainly looks at home in your kitchen and will match those utility china shades too! Here's to many happy years of cake making together! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your kitchenaid! And welcome to the blog Mary Bee :) I am also very jealous of your kitchen, it's lovely! And Mary Bee looks right at home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats and happy birthday!! I was lucky enough to get a kitchenaid as a weddings present, and I definitely stroked mine too :) Mary Bee matches you and your kitchen perfectly, can wait to see the adventures you to!
    ~April
    Dimplesanddelights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow welcome Mary Bee! and happy belated birthday! what a beaut! I am officially jealous because my poor KitchenAid is packed away in a box back in England and I'm very sad without it! So I too have had to resort to stroking KitchenAid's in Walmart and longing for the day when we will be reunited! I love your self portraits in the bowl! haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! I love my baby pink kitchenaid and her name is cupcake :)

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete